There are totally 27 provinces /
autonomous regions in China (excluding Hong Kong and Macao), among which 4 are autonomous regions, i.e.,
Inner Mongolia, Ningxia, Tibet and Xinjiang.
Besides the 27
provinces / autonomous regions, there are 4 municipalities in China: Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai and Chongqing (founded in 1997), which are large
cities with the same administrative level as provinces.
China: Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei, Shanxi, Inner Mongolia
2. Northeast China: Liaoning, Jilin, Heilongjiang
3. Eastern China: Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Fujian, Jiangxi,
4. Central & Southern China: Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Guangdong, Guangxi, Hainan
5. Southwest China: Chongqing, Sichuan, Guizhou, Yunnan, Tibet
6. Northwest China: Shaanxi, Gansu, Qinghai, Ningxia, Xinjiang